Friday, February 9, 2024

Post Op Day 2

 Hello world, I’m back. I took a rather dramatic snooze during my thyroidectomy on Wednesday. The doctors at UCSF brought their a-game and performed the long surgery without complications. I’m on day 2 of post op. Still active with the painkillers but I’m starting to feel like myself. I’m so grateful for the love and support I have received already. In the hospital, among friends who are deeply involved in my care, from loved ones many time zones away, internet strangers and my person at home. It’s been a journey already and it is looking promising.  I couldn’t have asked for better people to go along with me. I love you all! 

No comments:

Post Op Day 14

 I am back to work(-ing from home)! The recovery period has been an exercise in finding the boundaries for myself. I have been off all paink...